Total Pageviews

Thursday 13 November 2014

‘POSTSCRIPT’



14th January 2015 will mark five years after the glorious exit of my twin.  It is now so much easier to reflect back and engage with the subject of grief.  From the onset I was determined to discard the usual protocol that usually shrouds the subject and share the nakedness of my experiences rather than keep it padded with dignity because I was determined that Folashade’s death will not be in vain. I am of course aware that the life she lived was not in vain, but death so sudden, so young can be very devastating and leave one reeling for years on end.  I have already alluded to the fact that my twinship, a concept less understood by many added another complexity to my grief. 

I hope the lesson of this book ('Joy in Place of Grief') is, no matter the depth of the loss encountered, no matter the magnitude it presents, no matter the gaping hole exhumed, that through God we can rise to a level, which allows us to cope with it and to progress to another level.  For me moving on in the classical sense was and is never an option but triumphing over grief and dominating its destructive traits to proclaim the victory that Jesus Christ presents is my only option.

So many responded to my grief with unspeakable and unquantifiable kindness, lots of cash gifts, emails, visits and phone calls. These all contributed to making a difference and the navigation to a place of joy easier.  Today I pray this book will prepare you and equip you for such a time in the far future, we pray, when each and everyone of us will encounter loss in some form.  To those experiencing it now, I pray it will help you with the realisation that at the end of the tunnel lays light, light which transforms into unspeakable joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment