Total Pageviews

Friday 19 December 2014

'HOME COMING'


‘Home Coming’ - Excepts from 'Folashade Feyisara Laniyan nee Ojedokun: Joy in Place of Grief'

"The other day I was in what I tag a 'constructive' discussion with someone and it focused on whether God existed. The question was if God existed why does he permit 'bad things' to happen to 'good people'? Why does the all powerful God permit 'good people' to die after much prayers of faith? Does he really exist? Of course my response was God does exist and that his purposes and plans are perfect but that Satan has always tried to pervert them. God is good, sees the complete picture and not the partial one we so often see. 

And as I recall the conversation my thoughts go to the fact that is it not the ultimate answer to prayer that when my twin sister, ravaged with cancer and was below par in response to our prayers for healing, was taken away to heaven, where there is no more pain, anguish or suffering? Where she sits triumphantly on the right hand side of the Father? This is exactly the same line I preached sometime ago at Shepherd's Flock, a Church in Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria in August 2010.

I am not sure that many Christians, at least those from my culture, have formed a complete narrative of death consistent with the nature of God and who he is. We all, including our ministers of the gospel, must not ignore this but through rigorous study of scripture help others and ourselves to enter into a complete understanding of this important and yet inevitable fact of life.

I am off to the airport now and I hope to conclude tomorrow…..

The unbearable heat of Rome, overwhelmed and welcomed me on to the tarmac of the airport runway yesterday, offering portends of what was to be a very tiring day. My journey to the London Gatwick Airport was smooth and interesting thanks to the Ghanaian driver who regaled me with the recent developments in his nation and reminisces of how J. J. Rawlings was and became a hero. Not far from my mind was the transience of life and how in a second we could all be gone, of course I was thinking about my twin and looking forward to playing a role she could no longer play. 

Rome was productive, I had wanted to go into the city to tour, but with three hours waiting time for my connecting flight, I decided against it. I was able to purchase some access to the Internet, settled down and did some work. 

The arrival into Lagos was also met with a blast of hot air and frustrations, that of having to wait for my luggage and trying to establish where the driver was parked, the saving grace was as I came out of the arrival lounge my mother was already waiting to welcome me.
I am back in my brother-in-law's home, what used to be a home shared with my twin, it is not the same for she is absent, but her memory lives on through her children and the elegance she brought to decorating her home. All over the home remains the pictures of my twin and I together with many others of her family. You could not visit her home without knowing that she was/is a twin, this is down to the generous spirit of my brother-in-law. I have always felt at home here!" https://www.createspace.com/5070786

No comments:

Post a Comment