Total Pageviews

Thursday 8 October 2015

‘Aluta Continua!’


At University, the Obafemi Awolowo University, ‘The Struggle Continues’ was a popular refrain or slogan, depending on what side of the arena you sat.  I had become interested in student's union activities right from secondary school at the legendary King's College, Lagos and pursued the interest into University.

I had always fantasised about being a radical, I scribbled and carved pictures of myself on desks and labelled myself 'Oje the Power' or 'Oje the Pirate' with an eye patch shrouding my eye for revolutionary effect, but the reality when I was temporarily rusticated (but reinstated) from University did not exactly match the parameters of my fantasy. The label was to fade away with time to be replaced with that of 'Panaf'.

My twin was extremely concerned about my 'militant tendencies' and her response to my rustication was to break down in tears. My twin never cried for she was as hard as boots, so to shed a tear means how much we meant to each other.

Today's gym session was filled with sadness and I shed a tear or two, it is hard, so so hard, but I keep saying there is light at the end of the tunnel, I know there is, because my redeemer lives, for without that belief where will I turn to?

I am glad I finally got my prayer newsletter off yesterday, it should be at least every quarter but I have not written one for months, this is not good enough and I must do better. I travel to meet with other co-directors of Friends International tomorrow and from the meeting, travel out abroad for a few days.

I am so far short from the man I should be in every department or area, but I know with God's help, the struggle does not just continue but Victoria Acerta, ad infinitum!

 To read more, buy my book from this link...

Search Results

No comments:

Post a Comment