Total Pageviews

Sunday 26 June 2016

As Brexit unfolds....

In the aftermath of Brexit, some commentators under a guise presented as astute understanding of European Union Law suggested that the referendum in UK is final and the exit a foregone conclusion.
I offered my disagreement and wish it to stand on record. I have stated for all purposes that the vote is not necessary final, that the issues go beyond the obvious and is implicated by the unwritten constitution of Britain and its conventions.
I have also informed my view upon on what occurs next, on who the next Prime Minister is and whether new elections are held. For instance a new Prime Minister who opposes Brexit, may campaign in an election on that basis and if he wins claim a new mandate to ignore the referendum. Secondly there is the ongoing petition for a 2nd referendum.
As a matter of precedent I referred to Irish Republic who rejected the Monetary Union in a referendum but were allowed a second one which eventually allowed them to reverse the earlier vote. We are in uncharted territory here.
I believe in this post brevity and relevance are more pertinent rather than allusions to matters hardly germane. I may not dwell or be domiciled in Europe but I lay claim to some understanding and appreciation of issues.

By the way i voted to remain in Europe...

No comments:

Post a Comment