Total Pageviews

Wednesday 26 October 2016

NIGERIAN DOCTOR, OLUYINKA OLUTOYE, PERFORMS FETAL SURGERY TO REMOVE TUMOUR

Please see full story... http://innovation-village.com/nigerian-doctor-oluyinka-olu…/ I am so proud to have had a long association with Oluyinka Olutoye, the pace setting doctor and Great Ife Goldie... please see excerpts from my book ' I found my voice' "At the 21st birthday dinner party held in honour of Oluyinka Olutoye in January 1988 and attended by his father the retired Major-General Olufemi Olutoye, the second graduate to become an officer in the Nigerian Army, I managed to give a rousing toast to ’Yinka. In response ’Yinka said that I would have been the next President of the Students’ Union if I had not been in my final year. It now appeared my political fate was settled..........It was in 1971 that I first came across a fair complexioned moustache spotting middle-aged man who bore a green army uniform with a glistering Sam Browne belt supported by a narrower strap passing diagonally over his right shoulder, strapped across and around his very trim waistline. On his feet, he wore carefully polished pair of brown army shoes and on his head he was crowned with a peak cap with a red band around it. On top of the cap, in front, bore a single golden coloured line around the Nigerian coat of arms. This man was the Colonel Olufemi Olutoye who later became a Major General, the father of my primary and later secondary and University classmate Dr. Oluyinka Olutoye. He bestrode the corridors of the rows of wooden constructed classrooms purposefully. He marched on with a knowing familiarity of the school as he moved towards Mrs. Karunwi, the headmistress’ office. Unknown to me at that time he was also a member of the University of Lagos Governing Council. He was also married to a lecturer in the Arts Faculty, my classmate’s mother who would later become a Professor. The General himself was the 2nd graduate to join the Nigerian Army and held a Master’s degree from Cambridge. ... I took an active part in its elections, and in 1981 became a campaign manager to Oluyinka Olutoye for the post of Assistant Secretary." See link for the book https://www.createspace.com/4943826

No comments:

Post a Comment