Total Pageviews

Sunday 23 April 2017

Dipo Famakinwa.....Your Time Has Come...

It was on the uneven plains amongst the seemingly endless rows of accommodation in Angola Hall of Great Ife, that I met Diipo Famakinwa. A slight fellow, drenched in pure chocolate complexion, an enigmatic smile, strappling and very articulate in his views. He was one of my early supporters for the chairmanship of Angola Hall, we were year mates and shared a few courses. He was of International Relations and I initially of History. Again when I contested for the post of Welfare Officer of the Students Union he was there to support... At some point we diverged in our views only to be reunited in a common course later in life. We saw only a few times after Great Ife, at his office and more recently when he graced my 50th birthday celebrations. He was a natural born conciliator, he sought unity in diversity, he promoted development, he engaged in industry and he was a master strategist... I cannot write with any fluency today as the shock of his sudden departure hovers around me like an unremitting nightmare... Yet what will come has come and we must prepare for our time....

No comments:

Post a Comment