Total Pageviews

Tuesday 18 July 2017

Staff Quarters Two….

The Sunday morning emerged bathed in an intensity of sunshine so powerful that its rays blinded me as I levered open one of my shut eyelids.  The sun streaked through the gaps of the drapes that afforded me privacy.  Strewn across my University apportioned guesthouse suite where I made abode for two years, were my possessions.  Finally, my flat was ready, located within the Staff Quarters 2 nestled atop the heights of Soca, bordering Macmillan Publishing house and surrounded by a few factories.

I had collapsed in a heap on my king sized bed the night before as I sought to pack all my worldly possessions in a discernable heap. Some of the students of the Christian Student fellowship in the University Chapel had agreed to join the advance brigade to clean my new flat and render it habitable.  I was reeking with anticipation, I had agreed to vacate the relative certainty of the guesthouse suite for what might be uncertain, adventurous and expense laden habitation.  The new flat contained three nicely laid out bedrooms, all en-suite, a wide expanse for a living room with toilet facilities adjourning and linked at the other end to a spacious kitchen twinned with a store. I had had nightmares of water not flowing into the flat but all that was put to bed when my earlier reconnaissance revealed my fears were misplaced.

I was sad to leave behind a retinue of staff led by Mr. ‘Tunde and a place that had served me well in proximity as well as convenience but I was also glad to be moving to a place where more of my privacy would be assured.


No comments:

Post a Comment