Total Pageviews

Saturday 20 December 2014

'A PLACE CALLED HOPE'



In the darkest days of my grief after my twin sister passed away, I would have contemplated ending it all but for the word called 'hope'. 'Hope' for the future, encapsulated in my children, my wife, my nephews and nieces. Without 'hope' I do not know where I will be today, for I would have despaired of life.

Today in Nigeria we are reminded about the unmissable reality of death and the inescapable fact that it will come our way sometime in the far future. This does not make it easier to accept for no one is ever prepared for it. No one knows for sure what it might bring, it remains the great barrier beyond but we 'hope' and yes we believe that it is for us Christians, a place of rest.

Yesterday, 150 souls were lost in a plane crash, they started their Sunday full of 'hope' and plans and by noon it had become a smoldering and twisted wreck. Their lives had turned to dust, heavens had opened to receive their souls and their relatives were left bereft.

I spoke to my wife's brother-in-law today, he had experienced loss and I asked him what could I say to make things better. I doubt if there is anything but at least I can say I still believe in a place called 'hope' for that is where I come from and where I am going to, the heavenly hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment