Total Pageviews

Saturday 26 December 2015

The Sounds of Time


I hear my heartbeat, so strong and full of vitals, I sense my muscles rippling with intensity and I see my handsomeness so obvious to the world.  All these indications suggest my invincibility, that I shall live on forever and my blossom on the landscape, a constant feature.  

Then boom! I see my self being dragged away to the intensity of care only a hospital can provide.  In the fog, all I can see are nurses, then doctors and then medics subtly prodding, injecting, pressure testing, radiographing, intubbing me and I come to the realisation I am not in control at all, invincibility is a false bill of goods I have sold myself! 

So suddenly I realise that in the sounds of time only God is sovereign and invincible and that I am living on borrowed time. What shall I do with the new lease I have been granted?

No comments:

Post a Comment