Total Pageviews

Saturday 9 January 2016

I remember Folashade, Feyisara Laniyan...

In honour of my twin who has spent 6 years away from this earth, nestled in the heavenlies, I write today. I dedicate this to her memory, for I know that her spirit, will never die and to the present silence of her voice that speaks to us so clearly from the past. I do not mourn today, but I remember, the grief has passed but memories linger strong, weeping has ceased, but poignancy takes over.

Moving from that I am convinced again and again that I must return to the challenge outlined in my book 'I found my voice' presented by William Wallace who holds that we owe a duty of constructive and open criticism:


“To speak truth to power, not to hide our knowledge in obscurely erudite terminology, nor lose ourselves in scholastic word games, nor speak truth in secret only to each other.”

I am convinced that like my itinerant ancestors before me:

“Each generation must discover its mission, fulfill it or betray it, ...........”

My ancestors discovered their mission, fulfilled it and did not betray it and now I must tread that path of fidelity to my generation as my forbearers trod before me. What are the implications for my nation, my country and for their destinies? 

As I tread through this path of life, the eerie silence of my twin, Folashade pursues me like a moving cloud into the present, making even more poignant the words she spoke in times past. 


PS
You may buy my books 'I found my voice' or 'Joy in Place of Grief' by clicking on the side of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment