Total Pageviews

Thursday 1 June 2017

Didactic Intervention…..

At the Lead City University, Ibadan, a routine evolved gradually out of the disparate tasks set before me.  The exactitude of how I strayed into the Campus Radio and emerged as a regular feature can be traced to an event at the Obasanjo Presidential Library, Abeokuta. I was nominated to accompany students to a conference on Global Security and Terrorism relating to the role of Youths. The Station Manager of the Campus Radio was also numbered amongst our entourage.

During the conference, I made an unplanned and unscripted intervention. The discussion focused on how to dissuade youths from terrorism. As I listened to each contribution indulging beyond the two minutes allotted, I began to swell with an insatiable desire to speak. I mused to myself, these contributors seemed to be smothered in theory, with little practical experience of the subject matter. With quick thought, I scribbled a note and forwarded it to the organisers with a plea to be allowed to intervene, it was with awe and in surprise that I got the nod to proceed on to the stage but with firm instructions to limit myself to two minutes. I jotted a few points to organise my thoughts and provide clarity and certitude to my articulation and then I heeded the call.

In presence of President Olusegun Obasanjo, Chief Kessington Adebutu, Prof Ade Mabogunje, the Marshall of the Federal Road Safety Corps and Vice-Chancellors of many Universities, I started my didactic intervention with only the barest of mention at protocol.  What happened in those precise two minutes was to turn the hall berserk and provoke a reaction from President Obasanjo.  Read more from Didactic Intervention II...http://promiseofmygeneration.blogspot.co.uk/2017/06/didactic-intervention11.html





No comments:

Post a Comment