Total Pageviews

Friday 2 June 2017

Didactic Intervention…..11

The Obasanjo Presidential library mimics the former American Presidents’ tradition of cementing their legacies and stands as a monument to their achievements.  Some have suggested they are more edifices to ego building than much else. However, in this case, this Library, extends as far as providing luxury accommodation, a themed park and other tourist related facilities. It lies on an impressive extent of land with a complex of buildings rolling into each other and complementing the landscape. In its shadow is an elevated hilltop, laid out on heights where the residence of President Obasanjo lies casting a knowing glance at all the activities undertaken within the large and unending plains that is the Presidential Complex.

With my head affecting a tilt for effect, grabbing the lectern and looking intently into the eyes of President Obasanjo, Chief Adebutu and straying fleetingly to others I launched into my contribution. I identified the curious co-incidence of having been classmates to the children of the two distinguished men and then dipped into the substance of my comments. I stated that I was a child of experience, an ex revolutionary, one who strayed into vavolent radicalism to accomplish my perceived aims.  I added that my unique experience provides me the credence to be on the stage.

I then suggested a solution to the crises of our youths, which leads them into cultism and terrorist related activities.  I noted that it was mentoring by Professors ‘Wale Omole and ‘Wale Ajai that led me out of the cul de sac of my personal Aluta into where I am today.  That setting in place effective mentoring in Universities is certainly a way forward to address our concerns.

As dramatically as I started I ended to an explosion of applause as I collapsed into the hardness of my seat.  In his concluding remarks, the President requested I stand up to another round of applause and praised my contribution suggesting it be adopted.

No comments:

Post a Comment